Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011

Wandleuchten Rarität aus dem Ambassador

Ah, aus dem heissgeliebten Cocoanut Grove kommen diese tollen Leuchten... leuchtet ein dass wir mit The Doors beginnen...




You know that it would be untrue

You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire, yeah

The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire, yeah

You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire







Cocoanut Grove Art Deco Wall Sconces




American, 1921


What can one say about the iconic Cocoanut Grove?

Attached to Hollywoods Ambassador Hotel, and right across the street from the Brown Derby, it hosted every major Hollywood celebrity from Gable and Lombard to Rudolph Valentino. Joan Crawford was a weekly guest, winning over a hundred dance contests there for the Charleston! Even the Academy Awards were hosted by Bob Hope there in 1939. Sadly to report, the Grove and the Ambassador have been demolished, making way for Los Angeles' largest school campus. The upside is that these lovely lamps have survived, and could live the glamorous life again in your home! A standard light bulb nests inside a frosted glass cylinder, housed in a cast metal frame. The gold accent paint is also original. Four pairs are available, but priced per pair. Now, if they could talk......

Condition*
Original Working Condition

Measurements
height: 12 in.
depth: 4 in.
width/length: 4 in.

Specifications
Number of items: 1
Materials/Techniques: Cast and Painted Metal, Frosted Glass Tube Shades
Creator: unknown




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen