Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2014

Very Interesting Tsuba

I have seen many in my long years of following Japanese Swords. This particular one inspires me because I usually prefer 3 metals worked into a fine scenery, but here we have enamel instead, which is quite rare. Elegant bird, I recall peacocks in Art Déco design... lovely





An inlaid silver tsuba

By Choryusai, Meiji Period
Of lobed form with raised rim, bearing an ishime ground, inlaid with a peacock among wild flowers by a stream, in coloured enamel, gold and copper takazogan, the reverse with sparrows among flowering lilies in similar style with details carved in takabori; signed mizunoe-tatsu chushu, Choryusai to (carved by Choryusai in the eighth month of the mizunoe-tatsu year [probably 1892]). 9.5cm (3¾in).

Estimate £1,800 - 2,500

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen